Here’s a practical solution to help make pedal powered vehicles more prevalent in big cities. It’s a standard pedicab rickshaw cart but it has a big solar panel covering the top of the cab. This allows the cart to draw 80% of it’s power from the sun with the other 20% coming from the driver’s legs.
By using solar power to assist the pedaling driver, the cart can go faster and for longer periods of time (although I bet some of these guys could rival Lance Armstrong for endurance). It is also completely pollution free and helps to make the pedicab a more practical alternative to the ubiquitous taxicab. A side benefit is reduced driver strain from hauling around increasingly fat tourists from greasy restaurant chain to snack shops to fast food joints. So eat up, fattie!
Solarlab via Dvice
8 thoughts on “Solar Powered Pedicab Rickshaw”
me parece una solución muy buena, quisiera un poco mas de información, soy estudiante de diseño de cuba y quisiera saber un poco mas de benos diséños como este
where does one buy this cab? thanks
INQUIRY ABOUT:::: Solar Powered Pedicab Rickshaw
M/s.Noble Auotmobiles Ltd.,Dhaka,Bangladesh invites ur kind attention to let us know details specificaion,best price(c&f-dhaka),min.export quanity etc. urgent.
i luv this car 🙂
Motor-assisted cabin pedicabs similar to the one shown are manufactured and sold in Germany by Veloform.com and trirota.biz/velocruiser_kabinen_dreirad.html . Additional information is at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_rickshaw . Forget about a Chevy Volt — I want one of those!
Comments are closed.